Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Case for Obama

Barack Obama is currently weighing a race for president. At first I was skeptical of Barack Obama. Of course I felt that Barack Obama was a political genius. I thought he was articulate, smart, and had all the right ideas. However, I look for one of two things in a candidate for president. One, I look for experience. This lead me to skeptical of Obama. He had only been a senator for a year now, and will only have been a senator for 4 years in 2008. If you don't have experience, you need to have a lot of good ideas. And I feel that Obama had good ideas, however I didn't truly understand great Obama is. When I think of how I was skeptical of Obama, I am reminded of Bobby Kennedy, who, out of the candidates for the Democratic nomination in 1968, he made the most sense, and was a different kind of candidate who understood America, and the challenges we face. And, like Obama, Bobby Kennedy was a diplomat, who didn't make every nation in the world angry. He is a different kind of politician. Bobby Kennedy was a senator for only 3 years. Some people are meant to be president. Whether this election or the next, we must nominate and elect Barack Obama as president of the United States. However, I am a Joe Biden supporter for president, I feel if not Biden, then Obama. Obama can carry on what my political hero Bobby Kennedy couldn't do, because we all know the tragedy that happened, Boddy Kennedy departed this earth too early from a bullet of a coward. Obama is my generation's John or Robert Kennedy. We need Obama. We can't pass him up.

No comments: